March 23, 2014

Blue Drag

A little musica ad hoc, all instruments real and imaginary played by me (albeit not in the same time really) -- piano, three ukuleles, one acoustic and one electric guitar; synthetic, next to toxic strings and lastly pan flutes sampled from a tone played by a craftsman/vendor in the Andes; the original sound was very authentic -- and also very false. VoilĂ .



I am particularly happy that I got both joy and sadness into it, perfectly and irrevocably entangled; i.e. Life. Perhaps one might call it Broken Music; like Ragtime (q.v.) but with the raggedness and the grit and the grain not merely restricted to the tempo but to the execution in general -- thus lifelike.

I think that it is the fine and macabre art of Ms. Valeria that inspired me to the somewhat Aztec skull. The rest is made a little rough, as the movie in general. I had to get done in time. Six instruments and one illustrator -- but I am only one... Only being one hampers me.