July 27, 2014

Angelic Tourism

Waiting outside Stockholm Central Station for a meeting eventually hindered by force majeure, I took to sketching all the funny people that one might see there. Businesspeople hurrying, tourists touristing and people from all corners of the world milling about.

And one of them -- I used to be good at reading lips -- now I'm not -- but I think this lady was Spanish. She now has the unconscious honour of being the central point in an oil, here inked on the gesso coated paper. (Good invention! as for the duration of the medium, we'll live and see and learn. Life is an experiment.)


And then I started on one of the corners, inking and filling apples with oil.


It is anybody's guess what apples have to do with tired tourist angels that rest on top of station clocks. I'll go on throwing details ad hoc in -- some painted live and some painted live from my imagination -- trusting everything to make perfect sense one of those days.