September 20, 2015

Paired Horses
(Parhästar)



I was sort of inspired by seeing a couple walking -- which I did with the somewhat weary eyes of someone Too Single -- somehow they felt like a strange animal of four legs and one-and-a-half mind. Immediately, the Swedish word parhäst came to my mind: The word in itself means a paired horse as in a horse team but the idea is that of one who is jolly happy about being part of a twosomeness.

The horses in front aren't jolly happy. Perhaps those happy in the background will soon cry stylized crystal tears too, but that is more than I know. Or they might even heal, for better and worse, but how that is to happen without even more damage done is also more than I know.



Ink, watercolour, paper. And this double horse is one inch or so from nose to nose.