March 06, 2016

Crayon Monster and A Finished Movie

So I got the little promotional for my experimental CD finished at last. VoilĂ .



One normally finds me in the blues/folk corner, but this is where my muses led me, laughing hard. (Now I am happily heading back to the where I belong, writing new songs and planning new adventures with the dear Quartet...) With this over and done, I had to take my little threat of the other week seriously and draw you something monstrous with some misfit materials that I found.


The bestiary:


1) An old but still ordinary pencil (for sketching. Still worked like one)
~*~
2) The piece of chalc-ish. (I'm not sure what it is, strictly materially speaking.) It really brought life to the highlights.
~*~
3) A blue felt pen (too dominant, didn't use much at all)
~*~
4) The thick, fat marker that I made the black mouth with. It is darker than the outlines, which turned out to be a good effect. (Or so I think.)
~*~
5) A marker pen, the kind that you use to make bored highlights in textbooks with. Not what you'd use for art; thus a Must Have.
~*~
6) Wax crayons and classic Crayola's. They didn't seem to like each other too well, and I worked with them as you do with pastels -- you leave a grainy room for the next nuance. The coarse recycled paper (see previous week) worked wonders here. -- A little violence also helped.
~*~
7) Colour pencils, or whatever they are. Very, very shy. The blue you see a little, the yellow ones I felt sorry for.
~*~
8) My trusty ball point pen. Blue outlines aren't as common as black. Nor are brown, cinnamon red or moss green outlines. Why? Food for thought.
~~~***~~~

I like the detail with the childish creature. Makes the whole thing all the creepier. This total trust...


Ps. Now if you find this eerie, think of all the things that many grown-ups trust: Leaders, the State -- or even Cure-all Ideas as such... brrrrrrrr-rr-rrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment